As a socially responsible and forward-looking organisation, we have a part to play in reducing the impact we have on the environment. This is why we have introduced many new initiatives designed to cut waste and reduce our use of energy and raw materials.
Although we have already made significant headway in a number of areas, we do know that there’s still a way to go, despite all we’ve achieved. This is why we are committed to the further development of our environmental policies and practice.
Reflecting our innovative approach to tackling environmental issues, waste plastic we produce is converted into Spiral Tree Guards, which are fully photodegradable.
Current and future initiatives include:
- The removal of fugitive emissions
- An employee car share scheme
- Regular environmental checks as part of natural QA auditing
- An increase in more-efficient night time manufacturing
- A 5% reduction in electricity usage (relative to production output)
- All new products to be designed with efficient manufacturing in mind